2020 QUIET ADVENTURES SYMPOSIUMFEBRUARY 29, 2020 | MSU PAVILIONEXHIBITOR REGISTRATION WILL OPEN IN NOVEMBER
Don’t miss the Quiet Adventures Symposium! It promises to be bigger and better than ever as we bring you the best in outdoor gear, demonstrations, exhibits and the best speakers found anywhere. Registration will open in November, so please check back if you wish to exhibit to an audience that may, again, exceed 2,500 outdoor enthusiasts.
Before registering as an exhibitor for the 25th Annual Quiet Adventures Symposium, you may wish to review the Exhibit Floor Layout
. During the registration process you will have the opportunity to request a specific exhibit space by number. We cannot guarantee that the requested space will be available. Last year, the exhibit space sold out by February 1, so you will not want to delay. The last day to take advantage of early registration rates will be January 17, 2020. The final deadline to register will be February 7, 2020 or earlier if the show fills. EXHIBITOR REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS
The online registration process will take only a few minutes, if you have all the needed information available. This includes:
Package Selection -
Your contact information
Your organization – please note, if you are not a business, club or formal group, just enter your last name plus the word Exhibit (ex. Smith Exhibit)
This section provides the following five package options:
Exhibitor – Commercial (early registration, $150/space): In general, if you sell something at the show or after the show to people you meet at your exhibit, you are a commercial exhibitor. The exception is those exhibitors who are involved in fundraising to support a cause or charity. They are considered to be non-commercial exhibitors. Examples are scouting groups who sell cookies and t-shirt sales to support non-profits.
Exhibitor – Non-Commercial (early registration, $25/space): All non-commercial exhibitors are those involved in education, conservation, historic preservation, tourism promotion, or event promotion. Examples are clubs, non-profits, educational groups or youth groups.
Demonstration Exhibitor – Each exhibitor is encouraged to include a demonstration as part of a QWS exhibit. Demonstrations offered in the past have included canoe re-canvassing, wooden boat building, fly tying, rope gymnastics, and sharpening of an edged tool.
Demonstrations should be ongoing or repeat during show hours. They do not need to run continuously. Demonstrators are encouraged to post a schedule so that interested attendees can plan to be present when demonstrations start. Demonstrations should share knowledge that attendees can use to better enjoy non-motorized, outdoor recreation. They must be presented live and use props or the actual materials involved.
If you have an idea for a new demonstration for the 2019 show, please contact the Event Manager, Tammi Connell, at EventManager@quietwatersociety.org. If your demonstration is approved, in appreciation, you will be able to register for a complimentary booth space.
Appreciation Exhibitor Package – A complimentary registration is offered to a symposium speaker as recognition of their contribution. It is also available for symposium financial sponsors and to working partners who help make the event possible. All requests for Complimentary Exhibitor status must be approved by the Event Manager, Tammi Connell, at EventManager@quietwatersociety.org.
Exhibit Space Description -
Support Staff of Exhibitor – After registering as an exhibitor, you may register up to four (4) support staff who will assist in your booth. There is no additional fee for support staff.
This section asks you to select from a list of general descriptions of your exhibit. There is one list for commercial exhibits and one for non-commercial. You also have an opportunity to provide a short description of your exhibit.Exhibit Space Selection
- This area allows you to choose the number of exhibit spaces you are requesting. The first space is included in your package, but charges may apply for selection of additional spaces. For location of exhibit spaces, refer to the sample Exhibit Floor Layout
. Note that spaces on the concrete floor in the Exhibit Area are 10 feet wide on the aisle side, but can be 10 or 15 feet in depth. Spaces on the dirt floor in the Arena are 15 by 15 feet.
From the Exhibit Floor Layout note the space numbers for the location(s) you wish to request. You can enter the exhibit space number in the field that opens up after you check the box to request a space. Final space assignments are made by the Event Manager the week following the closing of the online registration platform which is February 7, 2020. We sold out last year, so you will want to register early. No guarantee of location request is made.Other Exhibit Support Options
- This section asks you to select the number of tables you want in your exhibit booth. Each booth space allows up to two (2) tables at no charge, however, you must order the appropriate number of tables at the time of registration. Also, please let us know if you need to plug into an electrical outlet. NOTE: There are no outlets in the Arena and those in the Exhibit Area are only at the pillars.
Finally, in 20 words or less, provide a description of your exhibit that will help guests decide if they should stop to visit your booth. Space permitting, this will be printed in the program booklet to help interested guests find you at the show.EXHIBITOR SETUP | TEARDOWN TIMES
- Friday, February 28, 2020, from 12:00 noon to 7:00 PM. Exhibitors are encouraged to set up on Friday. It is easier to get vehicles into the building for unloading when they do not all arrive at the same time. It gives the floor time to dry and the building time to warm back up. It also gives you time to address any problems with your display before the show starts.
- Saturday, February 29, 2020, from 7:30 AM to 8:30 AM. All vehicles must be out of the building by 8:30 AM.
- Saturday, February 29, 2020, from 5:30 PM to 7:00 PM - all teardown must be completed between these times.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ACCEPTANCE OF LEGAL TERMS
- January 17, 2020 - Early registration ends. This is the last date for Commercial Exhibitors to register at $150 per space. Booth locations for all exhibitors who registered early are finalized based on information supplied in the registration form.
- January 18, 2020 - Late registration begins. Cost per space is $175 for late registration. Booth location is based solely on availability. There is no guarantee that a returning exhibitor who registers late will be assigned the same booth space as in the previous year.
- February 7, 2020 - Registration closes. You may contact our Event Manager to inquire about any remaining booth spaces, but after this date you will not be listed in the printed QAS program booklet. Miss this date and your exhibit will only be listed on the QAS website, again, this is only if any booths actually remain.
- February 14, 2020 - Last day to request any additional tables and/or chairs for your booth. It is unlikely that tables and/or chairs will be available to those who register after this date.
- February 28, 2020 - All payments must be received by Quite Water Society. After this date, a $10.00 administrative fee will apply for any payments made during the show. No exceptions.
- February 29, 2020 at 8:30 am - All vehicles used to transport exhibits and supplies must exit the Pavilion before the show starts.
Exhibitor shall provide adequate personnel. Exhibitor shall be responsible for setup/removal of all equipment by deadlines. Exhibitor is responsible for neat, safe, and orderly operations of exhibition space at all times. Exhibitor agrees to indemnify the Quiet Water Society for any and all damage resulting from Exhibitor’s use of the exhibition space. Exhibitor must comply with all laws, ordinances, rules, and regulations of any lawful authority, agency, or government unit, which apply to vending or exhibiting activities. Quiet Water Society assumes no liability for products or equipment used or left unattended in the Exhibit area during or after exhibition hours. No refunds will be made for cancellation or failure to appear. No refunds due to weather. Submission of the application indicates understanding and agreement with these terms._______________________________________________________________________________________________
If you have any questions, please contact Tammi Connell
or Megan McKenna
Thank you for supporting the Quiet Adventures Symposium!